A blog relating to Jeepers Shoes for Men in Second Life by Eponymous Trenchmouth.

Monday, December 3, 2007

8 Things

I've been tagged by Ben Vanguard. Thanks a lot Ben!

Here are the rules:

1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

8 things about Eponymous Trenchmouth.

1. I have a 21 year-old daughter named Alice.
2. I was born in London, but now live in San Francisco.
3. I was ship's carpenter of La Contessa at Burning Man 2002 http://www.core77.com/reactor/burning_man.html.
4. Every time I take a nice hot shower I thank God I'm not living on the streets. How do those poor people manage, not having access to a hot shower on demand? IMHO, a hot shower is one of the most important indicators of a civilized society. The ability to supply and remove hot water demonstrates a high level of technology and knowledge. Mankind survived for centuries very nicely indeed, without electricity or petroleum and oil products. A hot shower is the commodity I'd keep until last, as we slide, ever deeper, into the whirlpool of global warming. Pray the tipping point is still ahead of us.
5. I believe that the "official" version of 9/11 is full of holes http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Ray_Griffin.
6. I have a nasty feeling that most shoppers (as opposed to store owners), have a low opinion of merchants in Second Life. It never fails to amaze me how mean some merchants can be. They act as though they have a limited and finite number of products to sell, and replacing some noob's missing purchases, is somehow reducing their inventory! Give the shopper a break, it's not like it's actually gonna "cost" you anything. I only hear from customers maybe four or five times a week, so it hasn't become a chore. If they're in the Transaction History, I replace the missing items, no questions asked. It makes sense for three reasons: (A) You feel better about yourself for being a nice guy not an asshole. (B) Like I said, if they've paid, they get a replacement, and it doesn't cost me a penny. And I should mention that my shoes are Transfer OK. So theoretically, the customer could have given the shoes to his or her friend. But I choose to believe in the virtue of my fellow man, despite much evidence to the contrary. (C) If your merchandise is worthy, the satisfied customer will return to you, and will recommend you to their friends, thereby generating even more sales. Is this difficult to understand?
7. My favorite author is Patrick O'Brian, from whose series of historical novels about the British navy in the early 1800s, the movie "Master and Commander" was adapted.
8. I hate chain letters. And this is kinda like a chain letter. I hate receiving them, and I sure as shit ain't about to pass one along.

And while I'm at it, at this special time of year, I'd like to wish you all a very warm "Bah Humbug".

No comments: