A blog relating to Jeepers Shoes for Men in Second Life by Eponymous Trenchmouth.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

New Cairo summer shoes!!!

This is the post I was going to write, until I got sidetracked into telling the whole story about my tussles with the Phoenix viewer (see previous article). Anyways, I wanted to make some summer shoes. I'm not a fan of sandals. Men's feet are best kept hidden; nobody wants to see toenails or clumps of wiry hair. But in the summer, feet need ventilation! This does not mean removing your socks. IMHO, wearing leather shoes without socks is a blight on fashion!  
I recently come across some nice wicker textures, and I wanted to try a woven panel in a classic Oxford shoe. Once again I ended up making a completely new shoe shape. I started with a brogued leather wingtip stretching way back, leather heel and ankle binding, and finally a large overlaid facing, rather like a golf shoe. This way, all vulnerable parts of the shoe are protected by leather. Everything else is perforated and allows cooling breezes to waft through your shoes, taking the heat off your feet.
Cairo summer shoes in four styles: Carob - deep dark plum colored leather with matching hessian cloth vamp and quarter; Pampas - coffee colored leather with straw colored woven cloth ; Thyme - golden brown leather with contrasting green hessian cloth; and Wicker - medium brown leather with wicker.

No comments: